- What are the strengths of this manuscript?
- What did you understand as the main thing the article is trying to accomplish? Do you think it succeeds in the task it sets for itself?
- Is the manuscript based on appropriate sources and original primary research? Is the scholarship sound? Would it be useful to scholars specializing in its particular area(s) of focus?
- Does the manuscript have a strong analytical/theoretical frame? Are its arguments important, new, compelling? Do you think it would be of interest to the broad, interdisciplinary community of scholars who read IJMES?
- Does the article engage, implicitly or explicitly, with current scholarly debates? If so, is its engagement with the existing literature productive, insightful, and fair?
- Overall, does it make a valuable contribution to the field? Would you recommend it to colleagues?
- How would you evaluate the writing style?
- What revisions could you suggest to help the author improve the manuscript?
Last updated: 15 May 2012